Or, if you wish, Fairly Obsessed in the Romance of the Web And Relational Databases. The FORWARD group focuses on data access and retrieval, led by Professor Kevin C. Chang at the Computer Science Department, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This is FORWARD's public portal on our research, people, demos, software/datasets and publications.
- [04/12/2014] The paper "Learning with Smoothness: Pointwise, Graph-based, Probabilistic" by Yuan Fang et al. is accepted by ICML2014.
- [04/07/2014] Prof. Kevin Chang is giving a tutorial Towards a Social Media Analytics Platform: Event Detection and User Profiling for Twitter at WWW2014 in Seoul, Korea.
- [03/18/2014] Prof. Kevin Chang is visiting ADSC, an Illinois' overseas research center in Singapore.
- [02/21/2014] Check out our recruitment poster for CS Visit Day 2014.
- [12/28/2013] The paper "User Profiling in an Ego Network: Co-profiling Attributes and Relationships" by Rui Li et al. is accepted by WWW2014.
- [12/06/2013] Mianwei Zhou passed his prelim exam.
- [12/05/2013] Yuan Fang passed his prelim exam.
- [12/02/2013] Rui Li passed his final exam and will begin working at Yahoo! as a researcher soon.
17 Feb 2014 @ Siebel Center
12 May 2013 @ Turkey Run State Park